Day 1 : Arusha – Tarangire National Park
After breakfast we’ll leave Arusha and depart to Tarangire National Park. First stop is Arusha Town for any last minute purchases that you may need before we head off on safari. Afterwards we head towards the Tarangire National Park for a game drive with picnic lunch at the park. Tarangire is well known for its huge elephant population and baobab trees. It forms the centre of an annual migratory cycle that includes up to 3000 elephants, 25,000 wildebeest and 30,000 zebras. Also to see are Lions, Buffaloes, Fringe eared Oryx and many many more. In the late afternoon after a full day of game drives and wildlife viewing transfer to your lodge for dinner and overnight.
Accommodation: Marera Valley Lodge
Meal Plan: Lunch and Dinner
Day 2: Discover the Ngorongoro Crater
Breakfast at the lodge, followed by descend to the Ngorongoro Crater for a 7 hours game drive. The main feature of the Ngorongoro Conservation Area (NCA) is the crater, a large unbroken, unflooded volcanic caldera. The crater formed when a giant volcano exploded and collapsed on itself some two to three million years ago. It’s 610 m (2,000 ft.) deep and its floor covers 260 km2 (100 square meters). Estimates of the height of the original volcano range from fifteen to nineteen thousand feet (4,500 to 5,800 meters) high. The crater is famous for the big 5 animals (Lion, Elephants, Rhino, Leopard, and Buffalo). Other animals you will see are Zebras, Gazelle, Wildebeest, Impalas, Hippos and different species of birds. In the afternoon drive back to Arusha to your hotel or to the airport for your next plans.
Meal Plan: Breakfast & Lunch
- Park fees (for non-residents)
- All activities (unless labeled as optional)
- All accommodation or Camping Equipment on Safari
- A professional driver/guide and Safari Chef.
- All transportation on Safari (unless labeled as optional)
- All Taxes/VAT
- Meals while on Safari (as specified in the day-by-day section)
- Mineral water 1.5 Liter p/p each day (as specified in the day-by-day section)
- International flights (from/to home)
- Additional accommodation before and at the end of the tour
- Tips (tipping guideline US$10.00 pp per day)
- Personal items (souvenirs, travel insurance, visa fees, etc.)
- Government imposed increase of taxes and/or park fees